Happy Birthday, St Lucia's!

On Sunday 21 January a congregation of 110 parishioners and friends filled the tiny church of St. Lucia in Dembleby to capacity, to celebrate the 150th anniversary of its consecration in 1868. The Rt Revd Christopher Lowson, Bishop of Lincoln, presided at the Eucharist, assisted by the Revd Nick Munday, Rector of the parish. Completed in 1867 for a total cost of £1,200, the church replaced the original 12th century building which had fallen into disrepair and was too small to accommodate the farming community of the time. Sleaford architect Charles Kirk was commissioned, and his design was based on the Norman Chapel at Steetley in Derbyshire. Locally quarried stone was used in the constru

Featured Posts
Posts Are Coming Soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
© South Lafford Parish, 2016. Designed by Georgina Hands.