The Parish of South Lafford
St Lucia's Church, Dembleby, NG34 0EL
The church was dedicated in 1868 and is one of only two churches in England dedicated to St Lucia. The site of the previous church in the village is a registered ancient monument.
The old church was taken down in 1867 and the new church was built upon a better site in Norman style. The vestry in the current church was re-erected from the old church. The new church was consecrated in January, 1868.
The church has a Nave, Chancel with Apse built on the Norman style in 1867. Stone, some from the local pits, was used and with a wood interior. There is a Bell Cote with two bells cast by J Warner and Sons 1867.
In the church are Chancel and Vestry Archways from the old church dating back from the Norman period of stone.
Parish Giving Scheme - is a contactless way of giving regularly to support your church. It is a direct-debit system, secure, confidential and easy to use. Please see the Parish Giving Scheme page for more details